Tuesday, 24 June 2014

The Truth About Us

I'm completely obsessed with the idea of explaining my personality to other people. I have long tried (and long failed) to concretize my abstract of a personality by using what I consider as the most sacred thing in the world: words.

I love words. I love letters. I love poetry and novels and other types of compositions. I love writing because it is what I do best. I love writing because I feel like every punctuation and letter acts as a window to my soul.

It usually just flows smoothly out of me, like spring water gushing down on a path on the mountain. But for some reason, I can't string the right sentences together when I start talking about me. It always seems so inadequate and sometimes, pretentious.

Then, I read an article on thought-catalog entitled "Date A Girl Who Loves Solitude" and I finally understood why I've never been triumphant with this challenge.

It doesn't matter how much of a word-smith you are, or how well you think you know yourself.


The right words would always come from a person who could observe you from afar; someone who would willingly spend a portion of their time to get to know you, and exert effort to understand what kind of person you are.
The little things that you do are the things that say most about you, and you will never be able to see or appreciate that the way another person could.

Maybe it was destined to be this way so we do not end up alone. It acts as a mechanism to draw two people towards each other, amidst the weirdness and imperfections we think we have.

You would never understand the beauty that radiates within you until you have someone to make you feel it.

No, it doesn't mean you're too dependent on others or that you don't love yourself enough to see these things on your own.

As people, it is normal for us to feel insecure and not trust our own beauty unless someone affirms it. No matter how loud our inner gods and goddesses scream how feisty,sexy,smart and irresistible we are, self-doubt will always win us over.

So don't feel bad if you're not as confident as you want to be. Don't feel bad if you secretly loath yourself. Don't feel bad for not being able to talk about yourself properly.

Sometimes, we need the help of other people to bring out the best in us and  to see ourselves in a new light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to know your thoughts. Do we share the same wavelength?